"You may say that I am a dreamer/But I am not the only one" John Lennon: "Imagine"

"So come brothers and sisters/For the struggle carries on" Billy Bragg: "The Internationale"


Elizannie has a reading room at 'Clarice's Book Page' http://www.villiersroad.blogspot.com/

Tuesday 6 July 2010

Land of my Fathers'


I am feeling tired and self-indulgent today so am showing you all a picture of Ewenny Priory, Glamorgan, S.Wales where some of my ancestors married in the early 1800s [it was the local parish church]

Hopefully will be off on holiday in the next few days and will be visiting some of the lands of my fathers' but before I go have to share my disgust at the [un] patriotic actions of the peers [including Lord Ashcroft] who have 'resigned' from the House of Lords rather than give up their 'Non-Dom' status and pay British tax. See: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201007115660246

It is reassuring to know the type of person selected by the Conservative party to help rule our country! Now the outgoing Labour honours list included an excellent choice in the defeated Labour MP for Basildon, Angela Smith. She will be a real asset to the 'other place' as she is such a hardworking campaigner and will continue to be so!

No comments:

Post a Comment