"You may say that I am a dreamer/But I am not the only one" John Lennon: "Imagine"

"So come brothers and sisters/For the struggle carries on" Billy Bragg: "The Internationale"


Elizannie has a reading room at 'Clarice's Book Page' http://www.villiersroad.blogspot.com/

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Clean sweeps

Well I am gradually relaxing a bit and allowing a few friends and enemies to know about my blog. Now I hope one day to find I have a comment to moderate - I will then feel that the world of cyber writing has accepted me as one of its own!

The excitement of a new vacuum-cleaner wore off after a few sweeps around the carpet and I decided that a bit of activism would be more rewarding. So onto the laptop to see who I could lobby for some of my 'causes'.

Marathon walking child and her partner are off to Edinburgh at the weekend for another 'Moonwalk' to raise money for Breast Cancer. All those fantastic walkers prepared to walk 26+ miles overnight with just bras as topwear [this includes child's male partner and all other male walkers!] to raise money. Walking around Princes Street etc and all the sites of Edinburgh, Holyrood House, the Castle etc etc I hope the weather is kind to them all. Edinburgh is a lovely place and whenever I have visited I have always been made very welcome there.

No comments:

Post a Comment